Anyone knoledgable in Server 2003 + Active Directry

MooseMan1

Fully Optimized
I am going to be setting up a Domain Controller at my house within the next week or so, and I thought I would ask if anyone on CF would be able to help me out here and there. I have a fair amount of experence with Windows Server 2003 and Active Directry but I'm no pro.

Just as some info I plan on using a mid-range desktop computer as my Domain Controller. I am doing it mostly for pratice and fun, but also some of the policies avalible with Active Directry is very useful. :)

Well I'm not really looking for help yet, just seeing if anyone here would be able to when i run into them :p thanks for the site though, I will check it out.

Well yeah I have alot of experience in Active Directory's, I set them up on a daily basis.

cool. I am looking to get the computer to use as the server within a week and get 2003 and AD installed as soon as I have it. :)

Ok, this is an old thread, but I made it for future use and no point in making another thread.

So I have my server up. It is a Dell Deminsion 4100. 1GHz P3 and 512MB of RAM or so. I don't think I am going to put active directory on it at this point, I would need another computer to use on the domain instead of my main system.

For security, any suggestions for what software I should use to secure it?

EDIT: sorry about the double post, CF was being extremely slow again, you can delete this duplicate.

Yeah i'm quite good with Server 2003 and Active Directory.

Just add my msn or aim, their in profile.

What do you mean by secure? Security is a big thing for servers, and besides a niec anti-virus, anti-spyware and IPS (And maybee a firewall) their's not software you can just use to secure it

yea, i know it's not that easy. I'm just trying 2 get the basics down on software. Should I just use the same stuff that you use on a client machine?

Back
Top Bottom