Suggestions, please

Time

Beta member
Alright, well, I'm in a little bit of a dilemna. My computer at best is mediocore at best (at least from what I know of, and I'm only basing it off of the Graphics Card and RAM). I am thinking of getting a capture card, and all that jazz, also I plan on getting better games.

Here is my current computer specs:

Direct x: 4.09.00.0904 (DirectX 9.0c)

Motherboard
CPU Type: Intel Pentium 4, 2000 MHz (20x100)
Motherboard Name: Compaq Evo D510 CMT
MOther Board Chipset: Intel Brookdale-G i845G

RAM: 512 MB (PC2100 DDR SDRAM)

Video Adapter: RADEON 9600 PRO Family (128 MB) and RADEON 9600 PRO SEC Family (128 MB)
3d Accelerator: ATI Radeon 9600
Monitor: ViewSonic VA1912w SERIES (NoDB) (pw60543044894)

Hardrives:

C: 38154 MB
F: 76315 MB
Total Size: 111.8 GB

Network:
Network Adaptor: Linsys Wireless-B USB Network Adapter v4.0 - Packet Scheduler Miniport

Now, my question is, should I try to upgrade this old thing or just buy a brand new by saving up money?

Also, if you need anything else, just ask

I'm putting up the specs at the moment. I hadn't followed the pinned topic, so I'm downloading that program to get all of my specs. Sorry about that.

Ok well depending upon what tasks you wish to carry out realy depends on what you should do , right now i am using a P4 2.8ghz , 512mb ram , 100gb storage and for my general tasks i havent got a problem , if i however wanted to play some brand new games i would need an upgrade so depends on what you want to do

Well yes, capture cards in themselves need at least 4gigs of space to just get all the content, and recommend 1 gig of RAM, so either way I need an upgrade. But I was thinking, if games come out later that I want, why shouldn't I get a computer capable of playing them?

Well if you want to play any games released in the past 12 months and any due to be released my suggestion is to build a whole new system .
So depending on your budget will depend on how well you can play games as well

Capture cards are for recording tv right? or wrong lol i use a usb dongle which is great and worked out much cheaper and doesnt take up a pci slot. Also ur cpu shdu be able to handle the tv playback fine on a usb dongle.

Back
Top Bottom