New PC build -RECEIVED- :D

Re: New PC build definite :D

You really think the 8800GTS is worth going for?
Even if I'm not planning on using Direct X 10 for a very long while? I still have XP, and I think I'm sticking with that for the time being.

Unless you think the 8600GTS is worth going for?

You really think the 8800GTS is worth going for?
Even if I'm not planning on using Direct X 10 for a very long while? I still have XP, and I think I'm sticking with that for the time being.

Unless you think the 8600GTS is worth going for?

I noticed a huge difference on DX 9 in XP with my 8800. If you have the extra cash, I would recomend it. You will need to OC your CPU to bring it out to it's full potential though.

The 8600 is slower than the X1950. Don't bother with it.

Well with the G0 stepping, I'm hoping to overclock slightly, but since its a quad, I'm not expecting much, without burning it.

Ah, my moneys draining with every new purchase :p

The 8800GTS then... its just a shame its costing £190 for the 320MB version!

I would have liked to have kept the build below £1000, but that isn't going to happen I don't think.

Right, I've got all but a monitor now, but I'm going to buy that somewhere else.

The 8800GTS 320MB is now on my order list, as is a keyboard/mouse set, and ethernet card :p

Comes to £1,073 WITHOUT a monitor...

Right *gets card out...and starts to feel faint, haha*

DONE!

All I need is a monitor from another place now, and I'm sorted :)

Any ideas? 19 inch would be best. Not sure if Widescreen would be best, but I'm looking for a DVI model, with a very good picture, for around £150 or less. Any ideas what make/model?

Thanks all you guys for who have helped me. I'm sure I'll be extremely happy with the build :)

Its only sinking in now, that I could have a new PC by Satuday...:D

Re: New PC build -ORDERED- :D

yeah i love getting new parts!! I can't sleep at night lol when I get them.

I wouldn't go widescreen. Maybe a 19in regular would be good.

Have any idea on a good make/model? :)

Haha, so do I. Its the spending I have problems with. I'm 20, and it still feels as good as christmas.
But this will by my own PC. No sharing with my brother or sister, ahh, bliss.

Just get a standard 19" monitor. The best brands are pretty much Viewsonic and Samsung. Acers are alright, good value monitors.

Back
Top Bottom