Good case cooling mods?

Haha I just got Lian-Li mobo case and will soon be ordering the mineral oil. I am so pumped right now. On top of the aquarium, I am going to install a second 200mm exhaust, and keep my tuniq tower on my CPU.

your crazy dude i would never submerge my pc :eek: just be sure to get a radiator. you should have gotten a WC kit, but this is way cooler, might be less "cool" though ;)

I didn't know you were into case modding Setishock! I have an Antel 900 project coming along slowly. I have about 4 more holes I need to cut, then I plan on smoothing and straightening the current holes. I didn't do too good of a job, since this is my first time holding a Dremel, but it's fun.

CASEMOD.jpg

Edit: If your wondering about the dust, it's because I used the wrong cutting wheel that was eaten up by the metal in my case, which you can see from the leftover dust at the bottom. I got the right wheel now though.

The wheels that come with the tool are crap. Get the good ones.
As for all the holes I'll give you a tip. Drill out the rivits holding the motherboard mounting plate to the case and take it out. Mount the motherboard to the plate. Measure out an inch all the way from the top to the bottom of the plate. Remove the motherboard and cut off the right side of the plate along the line. Put the plate back in with 1/4" #32 screws and proceed from there. You'd have to split some plastic tubing to run along the edge to keep your cables from getting cut. Besides it gives a finished appearance. But that's just me. IMO that case is too small and not very well designed.

Haha I just got Lian-Li mobo case and will soon be ordering the mineral oil. I am so pumped right now. On top of the aquarium, I am going to install a second 200mm exhaust, and keep my tuniq tower on my CPU.

only thing I would be worried about is the increased resistance on the fans, which could make them die faster.

I thought of one you could do very simply, but I don't know if it'd work...

If you had a top case fan which was rather powerful, make a little tube with card board, and place the cardboard covering the CPU fan, and then to the top of the fan, so that the air goes straight up and out.

It'd probably heat things up more though, since its more enclosed, but I haven't tested it... maybe putting small holes in it would help
If you plan on using this idea, I would use a different material than cardboard for the tubing. Go to http://www.xoxide.com They have a lot of good materials and what not to use.

As for fans dying because of oil resistance, after two months they were fine for those guys that did it. I am going to try with all my fans in first.

I know it isn't very well designed Setishock, which is a regret for buying this case. But I have it so I'm gonna work with it. If all else fails, I can afford a new case anyway.

Back
Top Bottom