Good case cooling mods?

They gotta get some mini airconditioners. My room is like 10 degrees warmer than any others cause of the heat. I downclocked it from my OC a bit to cool down, but still, its hot.

yeah it sucks, everytime i shut my door my whole room will heat because of all the hot air bursting out of my case, specially the 8800, god those coolers are efficent, mine only gets about 75c when gaming:D

a cool mod though is too add a fan where your drive bay covers are. i had to put acutal covers back on though, i needed a place to store my extra psu cables:rolleyes:

I didn't know you were into case modding Setishock! I have an Antel 900 project coming along slowly. I have about 4 more holes I need to cut, then I plan on smoothing and straightening the current holes. I didn't do too good of a job, since this is my first time holding a Dremel, but it's fun.

CASEMOD.jpg

Edit: If your wondering about the dust, it's because I used the wrong cutting wheel that was eaten up by the metal in my case, which you can see from the leftover dust at the bottom. I got the right wheel now though.

if you have a forced air system, you could drill a 4" hole in the side of your case, and connect it to the a/c vents. that would be really cool.

i posted that
minerial oils a good option as long as you use a radeator to serculate the oil
it kept temps in the while case at 40 degrees
but it suxs if u want to add parts becouse of the oil
id say if i was you just cut a whole in the top part of your case and put a big 200mm exsust fan

YEAH! thats what I was talking about!! Mineral oil, that was soo cool! I can't get over that I wanna do that so bad.

I didn't know you were into case modding Setishock! I have an Antel 900 project coming along slowly. I have about 4 more holes I need to cut, then I plan on smoothing and straightening the current holes. I didn't do too good of a job, since this is my first time holding a Dremel, but it's fun.

CASEMOD.jpg

Edit: If your wondering about the dust, it's because I used the wrong cutting wheel that was eaten up by the metal in my case, which you can see from the leftover dust at the bottom. I got the right wheel now though.

What exactly are you doing to it?

Cutting holes so I can route wires on the other side of the case. The Antec 900 is one of the worst cases for cable management.

Haha I just got Lian-Li mobo case and will soon be ordering the mineral oil. I am so pumped right now. On top of the aquarium, I am going to install a second 200mm exhaust, and keep my tuniq tower on my CPU.

i posted that
minerial oils a good option as long as you use a radeator to serculate the oil
it kept temps in the while case at 40 degrees
but it suxs if u want to add parts becouse of the oil
id say if i was you just cut a whole in the top part of your case and put a big 200mm exsust fan

Umm unless your talking about another thread i'm the one that put that link up in another thread a while ago.

http://www.computerforums.org/showthread.php?t=58599&highlight=mineral+cooling

Back
Top Bottom