Vista or Xp

Status
Not open for further replies.

ik786

Solid State Member
I'm building computer and i wanted to know if i should get vista ultimate or xp pro because some people say that vista is better than xp and some people say xp is better can somebody help me with this?

What are the specs of the computer? If you get Vista, I would recommend home premium rather than ultimate.

What are the specs of the computer? If you get Vista, I would recommend home premium rather than ultimate.

I'd recomend the same unless you'll need the extra networking fetures and encryption that Ultimate offers. Same thing with XP Pro. Don't get it if you don't need the extra networking stuff.

If the computer supports it, get vista.

These are my parts that i am getting for my computer

AMD X2-5200 (1Mx2) 2.6G

EPOX EP-AF570+ULTRA

SOKA DUAL CHANNEL 2G(2X1G) DDR2 667 RAM

SEGATE 160GB SATA HARD DRIVE

LG GSA-H54N 18X DVD-RW BLACK

JETWAY GEFORCE FX7600GT 256MB PCI-E

oh yeah and the sound and vid card aren't shown the guy i ordered it from said that he would oick them out for me he is an it engineer

Well if you want to get Vista , that system is capable
From my experience i dont use VIsta cos i didnt feel any benefit from using it , in fact at times i found it quite distracting and annoying , and the new UI isnt exactly anything special to me , not worth £150 anyway
But on the other hand it has some realy good features such as an easy to use networking center and its supposedly more secure although i never really noticed that

All in all if you like the look of vista , look at some screenies then run it on your machine , if you dont like it then get rid of it and get XP .
Obviously this is illegal but what i would do is get hold of an illegal copy of vista and run it and see , then if you like it buy it and if not get XP

I dunni if vista actually has a trail version , if so try that instead of being illegal

My opinion on this is try both chose what you like . I doubt there will be any performance differences between machines
I did that and now i know which one is for me

im getting them for free from my friend do i don't know what to pick because i heard there are too many flaws in vista is that true?

Well ask him to provide you with a copy of both , then try each , or ask him if he has a vista machine and try it out .

Also i dont think there are any vital problems in vista , i think most the driver problems are sorted only problems i see are trying to run old software
If any serious bugs are found they will be patched by microsoft

Nah, there are no less flaws in Xp than there are in Vista. I haven't found a single thing wrong with Vista. I just prefer linux.

alright which version of vista would you recommend im going to watch videos play music and play games and surf the internet not at the same time but what version would you recommend to do all this i can get vista ultimate for free is it good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom