Good case cooling mods?

Thelis

Golden Master
Hey guys, are there are any good, inexpensive case mods that can be done to decrease temperatures?

I thought of one you could do very simply, but I don't know if it'd work...

If you had a top case fan which was rather powerful, make a little tube with card board, and place the cardboard covering the CPU fan, and then to the top of the fan, so that the air goes straight up and out.

It'd probably heat things up more though, since its more enclosed, but I haven't tested it... maybe putting small holes in it would help

Do you have a Dremel? You can cut holes for fans in your case, but Dremels can cost almost $100. I haven't seen your case, but you could try putting a 120MM fan where the CD drives go so air gets directly to the CPU.

They gotta get some mini airconditioners. My room is like 10 degrees warmer than any others cause of the heat. I downclocked it from my OC a bit to cool down, but still, its hot.

Hmm , well i mounted a 120MM fan under my two hard drives in the 3.25 bays . Another good one but takes time and a prolly a dremel so i have never tried is if you have free space then replace the blankers below your cd/dvd drives with a pice of shaped plastic or metal of the right size but with a fan mounted on it to suck air in the front . If done well a blowhole on top is always a great feature and is pretty effective

i posted that
minerial oils a good option as long as you use a radeator to serculate the oil
it kept temps in the while case at 40 degrees
but it suxs if u want to add parts becouse of the oil
id say if i was you just cut a whole in the top part of your case and put a big 200mm exsust fan

Back
Top Bottom