XBOX360 broken?

That depends...

Is it still guaranteed at GAME?

I'm wondering wheather it would be best just to send it to Microsoft though, but that'll take longer.

On the up hand, you'll probably have a cooler Xbox, and that'll probably last longer.

Taking it back to GAME and receiving a replacement will most likely give you one that may last you another year, or maybe not.

Its up to you.

It'll have to be microsoft i reckon then, for this cooler xbox malarky. Is it quieter too?

This is a bummer though, i wanted to be playing Bioshock on the 15th :(

ok couple things you should no
first off
there r ways that work sometimes to fix red ring of death
link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjjinHmEoss
now this is a temporary fix
worked for my friend
second off if you just decide to send it to Microsoft
just ask to keep your hard drive
so when they send you your ether fixed or brand new one
(most likely fixed) they just wont send u another hard drive
now micrsoft is going to fix the red ring of death
starting around next month the new 360s will have a 65nm core instead of a 90nm core this is believe to be causing the red ring of death so by
having the 65nm core you will have less heat
(also its a very very very good idea to pic up the inter cooler)

Ok, so are you suggesting i should wait a month before i send it back to ensure i don't get another 90nm core?

Also, i was going to get an intercooler but apparently it voids the warranty.

when did u buy your 360?
if your warrentys still good wait till October and make sure then give you a new one second off let me guess game crazy told you that = /
its just a clip on fan nothing inside the 360
its impossible to tell all it does is pull more air into and out of the 360 cooling it
better

I bought the 360 last december, so it's got ages left of the warranty, and didn't microsoft extend the warranty to three years recently? Does this apply to ones which have been bought already? (after all, when they extended it from the pathetic 3 months to a year, all those who paid to have theirs repaired out of warranty were reimbursed).

The intercooler btw is considered by Microsoft to be an unlicensed peripheral, especially because they apparently scorch XBOX360 power sockets and can overheat the system. If you use one and it's obvious, it voids the warranty, it's all over the internet.

This is going to suck if i have to wait months to get this replaced, i really want to play some of the games coming out over the next month or so. Anyway, here's what happens (for those who are interested), when it doesn't display the ring-of-death. It happens after a few minutes of running (this is in the intro to PGR3):

http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/4471/kicx6231en8.jpg

Just a thought. If you look online regarding this 'ring of death' which means there's a hardware error, everyone seems to have it constantly. Mine, however, sometimes comes on which prevents the console starting up, whilst other times the screen freezes (which sometimes takes 10 to 15 minutes).

I'm just concerned that if i send it to Microsoft they won't consider it broken if the ring of death doesn't appear straight away.

it sounds like your just having over heat issues
and btw
Microsoft cant tell if you used a inter cool
because its just an extra strap on fan
and the new edition just fixed all the problems

Make sure the Hard Drive is In properly same thing happened to me or you may have to send it back because my cousin had that problem and they gave him a new xbox

Just an update for anyone who's interested. Turns out GAME, where i bought my XBOX360, operate a policy where they'll replace units sold by them so you don't have to deal with Microsoft. They did just that and when my second unit broke a week later (no joke) they just exchanged that no problem. Score!

Back
Top Bottom