Help to make drawers by wire?

davidohuf

BSOD
Help to make drawers by wire?

Please assist me to calculate the steel wire diameter.
Calculate the length
How to make this Equilateral hexagon mesh by wire, first, next...end?

Thought

Drawer.jpg

10-20 kg, call it 25 per drawer, with 4 drawers, that is about 100kg, which would require 15mm diameter wire, which would exert some give under the pressure of 1000 newtons, however 2 cm diameter wire would remain more ridgid. the exact design is up to you, but if you go with 8 drawers, you would need 2.5 cm wire, and 16 drawers would need 3cm wide wire. I assume that you are talking in cm for your dimentions, as 143mm would be too small for anything of such a mass, right?

If in doubt about the size needed, go up a size.

as for making the hexagonal mesh, you either need a lot of time for cutting steel (not fun) and welding, or access to a maching capable of exerting about 5 tons of pressure to cleanly bend the wire to the desired shape. With the amount of work you would have to put in, I would consider just buying a filing cabinet.

10-20 kg, call it 25 per drawer, with 4 drawers, that is about 100kg, which would require 15mm diameter wire, which would exert some give under the pressure of 1000 newtons, however 2 cm diameter wire would remain more ridgid. the exact design is up to you, but if you go with 8 drawers, you would need 2.5 cm wire, and 16 drawers would need 3cm wide wire. I assume that you are talking in cm for your dimentions, as 143mm would be too small for anything of such a mass, right?

If in doubt about the size needed, go up a size.

as for making the hexagonal mesh, you either need a lot of time for cutting steel (not fun) and welding, or access to a maching capable of exerting about 5 tons of pressure to cleanly bend the wire to the desired shape. With the amount of work you would have to put in, I would consider just buying a filing cabinet.

Lmao, For some reason, i found that last part funny. I was just about to post EXACTLY what you said, by the way ;)

Pliers
I have a Plier, cutting steel

pressure, 1 hand bend the wire to the desired shape.

The maximum diameter of steel wire I can easily cutting with a Plier?

The maximum diameter of steel wire I can easily bend the wire to the desired shape with a Plier?

you could do the metal working with the pliers on something up to maybe about 3mm in diameter. Like I said, in order for this to work, you need an angle grinder, welding equipment, and access to a machine shop for various other tools.

Back
Top Bottom