Rep - a good thing or not

Status
Not open for further replies.
You've just joined, & if I were you, I'd test the water before judging us, as a matter of fact there are quite a few of us that make new threads when we've reached a certain amount of posts, there's me for one, each time I reach another thousand, one of those times coming up soon when I'll be making another pointless & sad thread, it's certainly not bragging, that's rather insulting in my book!
rant.gif

He may be new here, but he certainly does have a very good point. There are members here who do that kind of thing just to garner attention. Take me for example. I haven't made a thread about my posts in the longest time ever. I just don't see the point in it. Whoopie...I have 17,000 posts, congratulate me. :rolleyes:

The sad thing is that there are people here that are like that. They whore over rep points and post count thinking it'll get them somewhere in life. When someone surpasses them, they whine about it and so forth. In those cases I think the moderators should take out the Banhammer.

He may be new here, but he certainly does have a very good point. There are members here who do that kind of thing just to garner attention. Take me for example. I haven't made a thread about my posts in the longest time ever. I just don't see the point in it. Whoopie...I have 17,000 posts, congratulate me. :rolleyes:

The sad thing is that there are people here that are like that. They whore over rep points and post count thinking it'll get them somewhere in life. When someone surpasses them, they whine about it and so forth. In those cases I think the moderators should take out the Banhammer.

You also have to remember that there are many cases of quantity over quality when it comes to things like posts.

If somebody spams their way up to 10 000 posts, are they any better than the person with 100 insightful, helpful and well informed posts? That's for you to decide which is why I think bragging rights aren't necessarily something to be proud of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom