what's better amd or intel?

Spartan109

Fully Optimized
wut are the differences in the two processors?i no that intel are far better at multi taskin but i dont no anymore about them.im gettin a c2d for sure in my next build but i want to no the differences

the differences between the possessor is how there built
there insides... how many pipelines they have how many trancsisters
its not really about clock speed any more its about how much information a cpu can work with and get done
preformace wise there isnt much difference on the lower to mid end but once you get to high end the core 2 duo and quad are king
but i stay with intel becouse amd has this nasty habbit of changing there socket ever friken cpu and intels had the same one since the end of the p4

I feel like this questions been asked a million times...

INTEL, (as of now), has the title of "Best top processor". But for the majority of people this is out of our price range. AMD has some really nice processors in the mid range at better prices then INTEL. INTEL is not neccesarily better at multitasking, this is an old misconception that really does not hold true today.

Gamers generally go with AMD because of the price/peformance ratio (due to AMD's more aggressive price cuts), while people who really demand a lot out of their processors and need top of the line proccesing power will go with INTEL. Companies like DELL and HP ship mainly INTEL processors since INTEL gives them good deals on bulk processing deals.

I think it's all a matter of opinion. I say for budget machines go with AMD, but for top of the line, OC friendly and heavy gaming processors go with Intel.

Its not true that gamers go with AMD, at the moment , please note tat is right now intel Has the best High end processors but they come at a price that you may/may not be able to afford But IMO In the budget price gap AMD are winning , this AMD athlon X2 4000+ cost me about £41 and isnt even the cheapest AMD dual core procssor , whereas right now intels cheapest dual core is £46 , so if you are buying budget , say less than £50 for a processor then go AMD as you will get a better processor for your money .
If you are looking at spending lots on a processor though at the moment i say go with Intel as they are more powerfull , i wouldnt say much more than the price matched AMD however the high end intels overclock much better making them in turn better .

I know a lot of people are saying Intel is killing AMD but actually when you look at the performance difference between an AMD Athlon X2 6000+ and an Intel C2D E6600 when both at stock there is very little performance difference , the intels only start killing when you start overclocking which not everyone loves to do

Back
Top Bottom