Intel's C2Q, a real quad core?

Moore's law is still in effect to this day. It will be a long time before we reach the point of diminishing returns.

That's why I said 'one day'. :p

I feel AMD is the TRUE quad core here whereby Intel has them all separated by the front side bus. AMD has them all on the same die.

Doesn't mean anything if AMD can't get their launches right. At least Intel releases their processors when they say they will. With AMD it's a complete wild card. Sometimes you might get a good hard launch and sometimes you'll get a complete mess of a paper launch.

i wounder whats going to be better tho....
intels 45nm true quad
or amds new 65nm true quad

I think that intel will still come out on top, even though I would like for AMD to win. Intel is like a household name, people see commercials, they're in more computers, and not many people will see this and get what it means. AMD is the true winner for us computer savvy people, but to civilians :p , they will pick Intel everytime.

Actually a lot of the cheap dell computers i am seeing right now are running low end athlon X2's

i wounder whats going to be better tho....
intels 45nm true quad
or amds new 65nm true quad

I am not sure if the whole 45nm will make much of a difference. It might run cooler and save energy, but how much will that affect the performance.

I am not sure if the whole 45nm will make much of a difference. It might run cooler and save energy, but how much will that affect the performance.

You might be able to push it furthur when it comes to overclockig as well

Run cooler and save energy, just mean make it go faster and give it more voltage :)

So how about for gaming, games use 1 core for dual core, 2 cores for intel quad, and all 4 for AMD quad, correct?

I wouldn't be surprised if for example with the Q6600, if it were on a 45nm process, for it to be able to reach the same as the higher end dual's, for example 3.8-3.9ghz. May still be slightly high, but who knows.

Back
Top Bottom