Flight sim x

How would my 7300GS play it, and on what settings would it be on for a certain FPS count?

Also, does FSX have real scenery and textures and stuff that look like the real cities? Ex. so if I flew over where I live, I should be able to see my house?

The 7300GS might be able to play at low settings. Would probably lag a bit though.

Haha, no, you can't fly over your house. There are lots of things modeled after real world places, but nothing like that.

The 7300GS might be able to play at low settings. Would probably lag a bit though.

Haha, no, you can't fly over your house. There are lots of things modeled after real world places, but nothing like that.

Darn, so, I have FS2004 right now, theres nothing to really get FSX for then?

You know you do need a very good graphics card but memory is another HUGE impact of FSX's performance. my friend had 2 gigs of ram and it was still using like over 80% of it i believe, so that is critical to it's performance.

The scenery is Autogen. They have done real-world modeling but not every neighborhood. Just major landmarks and stuff. Topographically, it's very close just about everywhere. If you look around though there is good free add-on scenery if you want hyper realism though.

I have 2 gigs of RAM and you guys already know how it works out for me.

i say get a 8600GTS and another gig of ram, but if you have enough money i would say save up for a new build.

you should probably get the 512mb version too, if you want to run it at high resoultion than this is a must. mainly because they use tons of textures.

dont be surpised if it still lags though, even the 8800GTX only gets 23FPS although so do must other cards, its like its capped there on max settings
http://www23.tomshardware.com/graphics_2007.html?modelx=33&model1=859&model2=722&chart=291
there is a great chart for you. keep in mind though those benches are with 2gigs of ram and a quad core @ 3.0ghz, there also max settings, so i guess if you cranked down the AA than you would get better frame rates

Back
Top Bottom