Guide to Buying a PC if you don't like Buying Online

drumthrasher

Fully Optimized
Well, for people who don't like to buy stuff online, which is my parents and I guess me (I don't actually have anything against it, my parents brainwashed me I guess).
So, if there are others out there who don't like buying stuff over the internet, I suggest one of the following.

Option 1: Look in your Sunday newspaper for weekly ads to electronic stores, like Office Depot or Circuit City, they usually have really good computers (with monitors and/or a printer) at very good prices, just like mine was a few years ago @ Office Depot. You could also look online at the store's weekly ads, usually under 'Advertised Specials.

Option 2: Go to the store! Some stores have store-only specials that could sometimes beat the competition by A LOT.

Those are the 2 only options I know of if you don't like ordering anything online, I know NewEgg is cheap for nerdy stuff but if you don't purchase anything online then option 1/2 would be the way to go.

Just thought I would share that with everyone.

I personally don't buy anything from the big chain stores like Best Buy or Circuit City. Too expensive now since I know about Newegg. Those places are really only good for prebuilts though anyway. If you want to build your own go to a local PC store that has good prices, or buy online.

I hate going to local PC stores! They charge the hell out of you for everything!

You must have some bad stores in the area. Most of the ones in my area charge less for a Computer with the same specs than big-box stores.

I've heard lots of bad stories though, but the one I actually went to tried to charge me $50 for a used 300watt PSU, then everything else I KNOW costed more than newegg.

That's why I said local PC stores with good prices... I know some in my area with no so good prices, and some are ok, but it's the best bet if you don't buy online. If you buy at a chain retail store they still charge you a lot more than you should pay. Bought a 1GB stick of RAM from Best Buy, then found out about Newegg and later found that same stick of RAM on Newegg for at least $100 less.

At local PC stores, you may pay more than Newegg, but you will get more for your money by building your own through that store over a big name retail store.

I like Gateway as a pre-built computer, I don't like those places in magazines that are specially for gaming PC's, like computer-power inc or something...

Back
Top Bottom