Why??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you please stop posting 3 times in a row and stop worrying.

It looks like this is possibly a memory or motherboard issue, one of them which something isn't passing the POST checks. When I got some new memory and put it in my computer... everything lit up etc. but the only problem was the screen didn't come on.. The RAM was faulty. Do you have an internal speaker in your computer which would beep a code out to you which could help you identify the problem??

ya there all in pretty tightly and this board is less than a year old. It was working erlier today

the only problem with your theory is this computer has the exact same parts it did 8 months ago

Something that worked 8 months ago can die.

I would start with trying different RAM, and using Onboard video. If neither option fixes it, you have a bad motherboard.

If there's no beep then the motherboard is dead. This would also explain the DVD drives failing to open because they're connected to the motherboard too.

I wouldn't be so hasty in thinking that hardware working perfectly for a year would do so permanently as anything can break at any time.

the only problem with your theory is this computer has the exact same parts it did 8 months ago

Umm parts can go bad at any time. I had a board run perfect one day the next gave me a bunch of minidump errors cause I fried a ram slot.

Although problem with the memory theory is your drives should still open.

Did you get any power surges lately? Do the drive motors spins?

Also calm down a bit man. I'd suggest you take it to a computer shop until you get some more experience with minor troubleshooting. Unless you have spare parts to test your psu,memory,board,cpu,gpu thats your only option.

but the problem is i cant switch to onboard video cause i cant get into the bios. is there another way?

but the problem is i cant switch to onboard video cause i cant get into the bios. is there another way?

Taking out the video card will default it to onboard in 99.9% of motherboards. Your comptuer needs to be real old, or a low-end dell for that not to work.

Like I've said to you and others as well, it looks like your motherboard has suffered some kind of fault. There's no way you're getting into that BIOS if that has actually happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom