Rep - a good thing or not

Status
Not open for further replies.
How about if reputation is not publically visible. If someone wants to thank you for your help, they can leave you rep along with a message and you can read it in your user cp and feel good that you have helped someone out but at the same time it doesn't become a bragging right where everyone must compare rep status.

What do you think?

I think its a great idea.

Ya, that would be ideal. No green bars would also make it look cleaner, since I know you pay a lot of attention to making the forum look clean and professional...

But I think that we should definitely have some other sort of rewards system.

ya, like a forum shop, that would be sweet, like newegg only you get money by posting and stuff then you can buy computer parts :p I had that at my forum, but the mybb mod didn't work that well, I'm sure vB has a mod like that...or make it so you can buy stuff like a custom avatar, or stuff like that.

How about if reputation is not publically visible. If someone wants to thank you for your help, they can leave you rep along with a message and you can read it in your user cp and feel good that you have helped someone out but at the same time it doesn't become a bragging right where everyone must compare rep status.

What do you think?

Great Idea.

as long as we've all learnt our lessons and start to use the rep sensibly i dont see why it has to go

What do you think?

i like that then it wouldnt be a competition. also a pm is on its way;)

I think we should leave it as it is and just be more,responsible with rep from now on, its all been blown out of proportion, leave it alone and it will settle down itself, everybody will have read this thread and no exactly what all the fuss is about, have there own opinion of fores and against rep, but surely now that a problem has been highlighted and addressed it will be rectified by the members, without taking drastic measures.
If after say a month or two members still think the current system is being abused then change it then.

I agree. I like seeing my reputation i have, just let's be more responsible with it instead of giving it out randomly :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom