Why??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you give us more info, such as specs? Also, what happened before? We need the full story to diagnose the problem.

Thread moved to General Hardware and Software.

Yes, we could do with much more information please.

Is it not working as in it won't turn on, has it frozen, what's the problem?

3.2 ghz cpu readon x850 pro video card ati card 2 dvd drives 8 gb HD d-link network card 54mb/s card reader i think that everything. the last thing i was doing was playing wow (world of warcraft) oh and win xp pro

it wont turn on it starts but my moniter isnt turning on and my drives wont open but everything is getting power it wont get past reading the memory at startup

it wont turn on like i mean when it reads the memory at startup it wont post and my monitor isnt working

ive tryed both monitor modes

it wont turn on it starts but my moniter isnt turning on and my drives wont open but everything is getting power it wont get past reading the memory at startup

Well it sounds like it's worth investigating the memory then, or there might have been a problem with your motherboard somehow with the memory itself still being physically fine.

Actually, I'd say it could well be a motherboard fault if there's nothing from the monitor as your graphics card isn't receiving any bus traffic from the rest of your system.

It won't turn on but it starts? Sigh...

If your monitors are not turning on its due to a bad board/gpu/cpu. If the boards bad I guess that could cause your drives not to open not positive thoguh. Even with a bad cpu your cd drive will open.

Have you checked to make sure all your cables are firmly in place have you moved the PC recently?

Bad memory should cause a bios beep. Does it do any beeping?

im sorry its not 100% specific im 13 im smart but theres so much to remember about computers its getting confusing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom