Lag Issues

I am his manager at work. He is the one that told me about the forums and to post here.
You & english15x are the same member, exactly the same IP, you must think mods are thick, now here's the deal, I am going to PB one of you, you get to choose which one, you're lucky, I could have done both, having two accounts is illegal, if I don't get an answer today, I will I shall delete both!, I'm waiting.

You & english15x are the same member, exactly the same IP, you must think mods are thick, now here's the deal, I am going to PB one of you, you get to choose which one, you're lucky, I could have done both, having two accounts is illegal, if I don't get an answer today, I will I shall delete both!, I'm waiting.

..two people...at work......with the same connection.... same IP.. INFREAKING POSSIBLE!

*smacks head*

..two people...at work......with the same connection.... same IP.. INFREAKING POSSIBLE!
Well it's not impossible, you can see for yourself, just click the PC symbol of each, [it's the one on the right of the four] do it.

I've had about four like this Mike, it's a great con, but they don't get away with it, you can see how easy it was to find out

You can believe what you want. I can't really change anyone's mind. I am his manager and we were at work. I brought in my laptop for him to look at, and to see if I have the same lag at work. I did not have the same lag so I came onto the forums again to keep you informed and ask what else I could do. As he was looking at other stuff on my pc he must have typed that. We use a wireless netgear router at work. That is why the ip was the same. We were working on the computer while the other one was actually working at the ice rink.

You can believe what you want. I can't really change anyone's mind. I am his manager and we were at work. I brought in my laptop for him to look at, and to see if I have the same lag at work. I did not have the same lag so I came onto the forums again to keep you informed and ask what else I could do. As he was looking at other stuff on my pc he must have typed that. We use a wireless netgear router at work. That is why the ip was the same. We were working on the computer while the other one was actually working at the ice rink.
Looking at it again, I'm working to sort it out, & I'm getting advice.

OK thats fine. Thanks for looking into it.

I found out that it isn't the internet, but it is my wireless router. I tried it at my house and unplugged the router. I plugged directly into the modem. I do not get the lag. What can I do to my router to get rid of the lag? I do not use it as the wireless I connect with a cable to it.

I found out that it isn't the internet, but it is my wireless router. I tried it at my house and unplugged the router. I plugged directly into the modem. I do not get the lag. What can I do to my router to get rid of the lag? I do not use it as the wireless I connect with a cable to it.
I'm cancelling the PB, after advice from the Administration Officer, he will then merge the two accounts together, I'm sorry about all that, but you have to admit it looked illegal, one account only say the rules.

Do you have a router firewall enabled? If so, turn it off and move your system's IP into the DMZ to allow for complete access. What's your speed to the router in Mbps? Run a traceroute/ping on your router's IP address from the machine you're having trouble with. You should be getting really low latency with something like 1-2ms. Perfect operation after plugging directly into your modem suggests the obvious i.e. the fault's with your router somehow. Have you tried a different router as well?

Let me know what results you get and let me know if you continue to have problems.

It's done, the sbviper90 account has been reopened, & David, the AO will this evening merge the two together, alls well that ends well :)

Back
Top Bottom