Flight sim x

99nasha

Fully Optimized
I went and blew £50 ($100) for nothing the other day. Installed it, and it runs sooo slow!! I know my PC is outdated, but I though it would ok. It runs slow on low spec!! If I wanted speed this up, what would be the best bet? CPU or graphics?

I want it to look like this, without being slow :D

flight_simulator_x_2.jpg

The processor probably isnt the best in the world. You need something along the lines of a 2.6 dual core. The graphics card also isnt the best. I would say get an 8800 with 320 mb of VRAM (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130038) if you can afford it.

I play FSX, too. Take a look at my specs, they are in my sig. I can run FSX at 70 to 80 percent maxed out settings and get an average of 20 FPS (at a resolution of 1440 by 900, anisotropic filtering with anti-aliasing, all that good stuff)

It's a crap game is the problem. Even with awesome hardware that should play it easily, you get terrible framerates. Your overclocked processor isn't too bad...I'd upgrade the graphics. What's your budget?

FlightSimBoy - Just so you know, 40 FPS is considered "playable."

Low budget :( But Im going to florida in a month, so Ill be able to pick up a graphics card for half the price out there :D

Do you that theres 2 dollars to the pound at the moment :O So everythings twice as cheap for us, but twice as expensive for you!

I play at 1280x1024 with all ultra high settings and antaliasing 4x, all that stuff on and it never really lags or anything, idk what my framerate is(how do you check it in FS:X) I've got a
7600GT
E6600
3GB DDR2 800

The graphics card doesn't have as much impact as you would think, it seems as if you need a ton of CPU power to get the frames. My brother has an 8800GTS (I think 320) and it actually runs very cool while he plays, but it still runs slow and the CPU is smoking hot. So that leads me to believe it's the CPU power that people are lacking. Anyway...

It will help out a lot if you get rid of or have very little of the traffic vehicles.
My machine has trouble with it, and it may be a little outdated but it's no slouch. So don't feel left out or anything. :D

For a little speed boost you may want to check and see if your copy shipped with the patched version, I'm not sure if they are making new ones or just updating online, but FSX SP1 is online and will offer a little improved performance for the time being.

I play at 1280x1024 with all ultra high settings and antaliasing 4x, all that stuff on and it never really lags or anything, idk what my framerate is(how do you check it in FS:X) I've got a
7600GT
E6600
3GB DDR2 800

FS X isnt a high movement game, so you don't notice lower frame rates as much.

The graphics card doesn't have as much impact as you would think, it seems as if you need a ton of CPU power to get the frames. My brother has an 8800GTS (I think 320) and it actually runs very cool while he plays, but it still runs slow and the CPU is smoking hot. So that leads me to believe it's the CPU power that people are lacking. Anyway...

It will help out a lot if you get rid of or have very little of the traffic vehicles.
My machine has trouble with it, and it may be a little outdated but it's no slouch. So don't feel left out or anything. :D

For a little speed boost you may want to check and see if your copy shipped with the patched version, I'm not sure if they are making new ones or just updating online, but FSX SP1 is online and will offer a little improved performance for the time being.
Look at the link to the VGA charts I posted. Even with an X6800, it lags.

Yeah. The performance variables just seem odd to me. I run the game at 1280x1024 at around medium-ish settings with high detail on the aircraft and junk, but it helps a LOT if you turn off the traffic, so try that. For some reason dropping that will give you a huge improvement. As cool as the little slot cars are, I can do without them if need be. It's hard to land when the screen is jumpier than an earthquake.

Back
Top Bottom