Rep - a good thing or not

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fine- here is an idea, how about we start over everybody's rep count, but now be more careful with it?

That would work with the people abusing it but it still wouldnt solve the problem off it being wholey noneffective

Eh, I don't really care about it, I side with the people that are saying that it is noneffective, but I really don't mind it all that much.

Fine- here is an idea, how about we start over everybody's rep count, but now be more careful with it?
All that would do is spark more worthless repping. People would rep other people and people would be asking for rep just so they can get back up to where they were before.

Honestly... people are getting too worked up about something so insignificant. I think it's such a small community here that we already know whos opinion to ask on what, and the newbies won't know about how the rep system works anyway. In my personal opinion all of our regulars are very knowledgeable and trustworthy already, and I don't think a rep system is very necessary in the first place. But I will withhold voting in the poll because it isn't my decision whether or not to remove it, it's your's, David. I won't hate you if you get rid of it or not.

I don't really care either way. I don't give too much rep because I usually forget to when I should, and don't when it's for something like someone getting 1,000 posts... I've seen lately that people are going rep crazy giving people rep over the post count, doesn't make a lot of sense. I wouldn't be sad at all to see it gone, but don't really mind it being here still. I don't care about how much rep I got.

Here's an idea...you can only get so many rep points per post or thread. That way you don't get 20 people giving you rep for getting 1K posts, etc. It could then show up as grey rep so you still see their appreciation or whatever.

Have an option to turn it on or off. Mine's going to be at OFF all time.

That would be the most logical answer to this issue, then members who are helpful can keep their option on to recieve rep, others who don't care or don't want anything to do with it can just switch it off.

either way some how it will probablt still be abused, maybe have it so that you have to have a certain amount of posts to even turn it on.

How about if reputation is not publically visible. If someone wants to thank you for your help, they can leave you rep along with a message and you can read it in your user cp and feel good that you have helped someone out but at the same time it doesn't become a bragging right where everyone must compare rep status.

What do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom