Verizon FIOS-TV (to be, or not to be)

Zer0Cool

Fully Optimized
Hello guys

Now that my current contract with Dish Network is gone, I am thinking of moving to Verizon FIOS-TV. They are fairly new to the TV business, but they are up to a great start, I think.

Does anyone have there service? What do you guys think about it?

My 3 choices were the following:
Dish Network (current)
Direct TV
Verizon FIOS-TV

Verizon is offering something that no other companies do; you can watch your recorded movies/shows on 3 TV's at the same time. I also have 2 other services from Verizon, I have phone service and internet service, so if I would to get the TV, I think they will give me a discount.
I also will be keeping the “Dist Network” only because they offer some International channels that Verizon don't have. Does anyone know how exactly this works? Having 2 TV providers? I mean would I need to have 2 Antennas to be plugged in to the TV? Or will I be able to tune from one box to another with just one antenna? I only have 1 HDD TV in my house, and it has 2 antenna inputs in the back other 3 TV's all have one.
So what are your thoughts on all this?

Thanks

I would do it. What could you lose. Verizon is a very great and esteemed company.

I would do it. What could you lose. Verizon is a very great and esteemed company.

Well I know that Dish Network offers 100H of recoding and Verizon only 85H, I also heard something about when Verizons DVD's get more then 75% full there play back option sometimes malfunctions. I mean as far as I know all this 3 companies offer almost the same amount of channels right? Because I probably be getting the full movie package from Verizon. Good thing about Verizon, its not a dish, so the picture will not go bad when there is a storm and I actually had this happen to me a few times.

I'd only get it if you were getting FiOS internet, and you wanted a single package for TV and internet.

I currently have Verizon Phone, & Internet, so like i sad in the first post, If i would to get the TV, they could offer me a discount.

Bad new is, about 10 min ago I have called the Customer service, wanting to get the pricing info, and they told me that the tv is not et available in my area, I was like NO!!!!!!!!!!! I was sure that the TV serive was available, coz having internet & phone, but they sad no...I dunno what to do now...maybe i will.

At least you have the internet. I really want to get FiOS, but with our issues with Verizon, it won't be happening soon. My parents weren't happy with them billing us for stuff we didn't ask for and not being able to get a refund.

Back
Top Bottom