Hurricane Dean

It's Hit jamaica and is now moving on. I think Jamaica were pretty lucky but not sure not much on news on jamaica yet because it's just leaving it so reporters cant really go out yet.

They are predicting it reaching Cat 5 in a matter of hours. Right now winds are "Sustained", at 150MPH, With wind gusts up to 190Mph. Cancun, Mexico is dead center in it's path. They are looking at Imminent Catostrophic destruction.

I feel bad for the folks in South Texas/North Mexico...it's gonna be bad. But I'm sure they have/are preparing for it, you can't ever be to safe when it comes to hurricanes. Thankfully Alabama doesn't get to many hurricanes...we had Katrina and Ivan though, those were bad, but we mostly get alot of severe thunder storms and tornado's from the arm bands of the hurricanes. I remember when hurricane Opal came through Alabama in 93 or 94, it was still a strong hurricane when it came over my house (8 hours inland from the coast) it did alot of damage..

yeah i heard they are getting clobbered, i am just glad i wasn't on vacation over there when dean started heading that way..

Hurricane Dean has now breached and Exceeded Category 5 Status, With Sustained winds of 160Mph, with Wind Gusts in Excess of 200Mph. Sad thing is It's still strengthening. The Mexican Peninsula is going to be completely obliterated.

Back
Top Bottom