Networking Problem Regarding 1394 Net Adapter

mmyless

Beta member
I have tried so hard to completely fix my crashed computer and I have come to my last problem (or so it seems). My Dell Latitude D505 doesn't have the Network Adapter Driver for the 1394 Net Adapter Version 5.1.2535.0 and I need that driver to get on the internet. The problem is the only way to get that downloaded is to go onto the internet and download it straight from microsoft. I have found no patch or anything that can be written to a cd and transferred to my laptop. I'm running out of ideas as to how to get that driver. I would appreciate the help.

Thanks, Myles

mmyless said:
I have found no patch or anything that can be written to a cd and transferred to my laptop.
I'm not really sure I understand. Why can't it be written to a CD?

Since it can't be written to a CD, does this also mean that you can't transfer it via a USB flash drive? You can get a 256MB USB drive for ~$10 last time I checked. Just throwing that out there... I don't really know what to do other than that.

Well I dont have access to the internet on my laptop and microsoft is a bitch about downloading drivers to your desktop... they just get you to windows update stuff you need so when i try to download the driver microsofts security doesnt allow me to save it to the desktop... so i cant write it to a cd...

Well I dont have access to the internet on my laptop and microsoft is a bitch about downloading drivers to your desktop... they just get you to windows update stuff you need so when i try to download the driver microsofts security doesnt allow me to save it to the desktop... so i cant write it to a cd...
Oh, that makes sense now. I don't really know what to do here. I'd normally say to transfer the hard drive, but I don't guess that's an option... Sorry I couldn't help more.

Back
Top Bottom