This website is very, very slow or not responding

i dont think a dedicated server for this one site would be very cost effective for david. especially with the sites he runs, but i suppose its possible

i dont think a dedicated server for this one site would be very cost effective for david. especially with the sites he runs, but i suppose its possible
As I have said, we had one once, you've been here quite a while you must remember all the hoo ha.

What's 57 years between friends, & in 1989 I was 2 years away from retirement, as for the the server, I dunno.

Yeah I suppose age doesn't matter, just wondering (a bit of topic) how did you get into computers and learn how to use them since most today are brought up on how to use them whereas older people didn't have them when they were younger?

Yeah I suppose a dedicated server wouldn't be cost effective but it may run a lot better. Well it might be about the same, depends which host you use I suppose.

@brookfield, yes i kind of remember, not too well though. the past is irrelevant though :p

@webhead, no offence to brookfield but hes not the best on computers, yea he can use one and do the basics but i dont think he could build one, troubleshoot problems etc. i guess hes learned through using them and by looking through forums like this one, just like we all have :)

Yeah I suppose age doesn't matter, just wondering (a bit of topic) how did you get into computers and learn how to use them since most today are brought up on how to use them whereas older people didn't have them when they were younger?
I got my first one after my wife died, it was a laptop, I traded it in for a desktop which a friend that runs a computer built for me three years ago, that's it really, when I was a teenager, computers took up four stories of a huge building, there were no pocket calculators, no CD players only record players, & portable radios were the size of a shoebox & weighed a ton!

@brookfield, yes i kind of remember, not too well though. the past is irrelevant though :p

@webhead, no offence to brookfield but hes not the best on computers, yea he can use one and do the basics but i dont think he could build one, troubleshoot problems etc. i guess hes learned through using them and by looking through forums like this one, just like we all have :)
He already knows, see post 38.

He already knows, see post 38.

Yep I do now. Even some 30 and 40 years olds don't know computers ether because they didn't have them when they were young or because they can't be assed to learn them! :rolleyes:

@dude_se I just looked at you profile, so you're 17 too! Well I'l son be 18! YAY. :D

Right I better go back on topic, as of now the forums seem to be ok. That's a good thing! :cool:

Back
Top Bottom