If you want to watch a good suspense movie...

TRDCorolla1

Golden Master
....you have got to see "The Recruit". This movie came out in 2003 and I just saw it late, late, late, late last night (well, early morning). It started at 2am and I was dead tired but the movie got me so hooked, I just couldn't fall asleep!!!!

It has got to be a really, really good movie for it to have that kind of affect on anyone. That means it is that good. Right?

Anyone seen this? It's a CIA type suspense/drama movie. Shows what's truly going on behind the scenes of Central Intelligence. I don't know if that is similar to what happens in real life, but it sure is an extreme approach to recruiting along with a few consipiracies of course.

Even "The General's Daughter" looks pretty good. Another good mention is "Behind Enemy Line". I love a good movie that has anything to do with national defense, war type movie.

Oh, I saw this movie a couple years back, it was kinda confusing for me the first time, but I wasn't really paying attention, it was a good movie though.

If it is The Recruit, you really have to follow it from the very beginning closely.

It's about the CIA recruiting process for new future intelligence agent. This guy (Burke--played by Al Pacino) is their "drill sergeant" so to speak. He does the recruitment and selection of who makes it in to the CIA. Burke saw an interest in these two kids (Clayton and Leah--played by Collin Ferrel, and some fine ass actress as seen in iRobot). They were part of the recruiting process and went through training and found potential. Then the whole training was rigged to make it look like a real CIA mission. But Clayton supposedly "failed" the training and was "discharged" from the CIA due to emotional attachment to Leah (they develop a love interest towards each other).

It turns out that the discharge was just a coverup so he can go under cover working for the CIA to root out suspicion that Leah was a double agent--supposedly trying to get in the CIA so she can steal "Ice9" which is a virus that can spread within electrical wiring of houses, buildings, and any place that uses electricity.

Ha, that's just the beginning. There's a huge twist after that. So Clayton was on a mission to get more intel on her (an undercover nark), find out what and how she's taking the "Ice9" virus out of the CIA main database, who her contact was, etc.

Leah (who supposedly is the enemy) turns out to believe the reverse. She was actually hired on to work for the CIA after training and got a position in the Security and Defense dept. Her job was to see if she can take vital materials from within the CIA and take it out without anyone noticing. Along the way, she was told that Clayton was a double agent---that he was after the "Ice9". You see how this works now?

So both of them were secretly after each other without knowing their true intentions. Both were being played. At the end, they both believed that this was another "test". Turns out Burk was using both of them as a coverup to get the "Ice9" for himself, lol. Clayton was smart though. He got him to confess and recorded the incident to the CIA. CIA swat came, thinking they should kill Clayton for all he's done, but got final orders to turn on Burk instead who's been with the CIA for 20+ years. He dies because of pride. Burk had a gun (which had no bullets in it) and aimed it at the swat team. They took it as a threat and booom, Burk is dead and everyone is ok.

Clayton is now a full pledged CIA agent now after debriefing and Leah continues to do what she does in the defense department.

Back
Top Bottom