Rep - a good thing or not

Status
Not open for further replies.
One point I'd like to bring up - Rep helps keep people in line. I'm betting some people would say a lot more derogatory stuff if it wasn't for the fear of getting negative rep.

We should take away pos rep, and put only neg rep. People can get neg repped, but not positively.

Then David can figure out some other sort of reward system.

I say get rid of it since it's being abused. All I see in the rep system now is people playing with it and thinking it's a joke, and trying to see how fast they can get someone to five bars.
That isnt just my problem , if that was all that was going on i wouldnt care but i think some people are just getting angry or jealous of those who have more rep than them .

From a Newbe to this site, I dont really understand the finer points, but to me, it appears to show success or longevity, both are helpful to the Newbe's that you spend a lot of time helping. Thanks

^Because if people do good things like helping out others, then a green bar shows that they can help people. so people like me should ask help from peopl like you because it looks like you have helped a lot of people. I as you can tell havent but im new an i hope i help many people for the years to come on this forum.

yea true. as long as it doesnt get abused it will be ok.
i feel rep does show how much people have helped out but i will not judge someone by how much they have

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom