This website is very, very slow or not responding

well yea at night time in the UK people are back from work chilling on CF and its late afternoon in the USA so they are finishing work or are just at home, + david has other sites. so all his sites are at their busiest putting a greater pressure on the server, and + this sites been having problems anyway its resulting in pretty slow loading times

yea, although i think the main cause of the slowdown is problems with this site, but heavy load on the server isnt helping.
im not too sure what things are like over on RG. i never go on there

Well the fact that when the most users are on it slows down shows that it must not be able to keep up with it all..

I'll bet a majority of the guests are just bots of some type. Random thread seekers generated by software. Still, that shouldn't slow it down that much. Would they?

I also experience slow speeds on these forums sometimes and sometimes even get page can't display errors and can't access the site at all..

Perhaps as well as the server it could be all the users accessing the database at the same time?

Would it be possible to get a dedicated server, rather then a shared one?

I'll bet a majority of the guests are just bots of some type. Random thread seekers generated by software. Still, that shouldn't slow it down that much. Would they?
i dunno, it would slow it down a bit though. they are still browsing the forums

I also experience slow speeds on these forums sometimes and sometimes even get page can't display errors and can't access the site at all..

Perhaps as well as the server it could be all the users accessing the database at the same time?

Would it be possible to get a dedicated server, rather then a shared one?
[1] Me too

[2] That's the favourite conjecture

[3] We had one once.

Back
Top Bottom