Vista 64bit GPU overclockers READ!!!!

i hate over clocking my gpu
im always so nerves.....
cpus easy put gpu i always feel like its ganna burn up

mattie would you reccomend 64-bit or 32-bit i only have 2gigs of ram so that isnt an issue, i probably wont have 4gigs until the new windows comes out

Well as far as 64bit vs 32bit I'd say go with 64bit. I have not used 32bit Vista so I can't really tell you the difference. I know I love Vista now that I got everything figured out. Its way more stable than XP IMO and its faster and the search features are really nice.

I'd recommend 4 gigs though to be honest. As i'm typing this resource's say I have 2970mbs free ram. I do have like the everest gadget running plus a temp thing and a few others plus a few web browsers open but at minimum it uses around 850megs of ram for the OS. Then if your playing a higher end game say Lost Planet or BF2142 that normally uses between 900-1.2gigs of ram I'd say average about 1gig.

So right there i'm using over 2 gigs between the OS and a game. Plus ddr2 is so cheap you can get great ram for a low price. I have some comparisions i'll get to later this week. I'm on my week off from work to much time ;)

i hate over clocking my gpu
im always so nerves.....
cpus easy put gpu i always feel like its ganna burn up

I don't think you have to much to worry about. Its not like you have voltage to worry about its mainly the clocks. If you go to high it will just lock up windows and you'll have to restart. I really like ATI tools slow incrament feature. I already new what it could do so setting it in Vista was as easy as moving the clocks cause I already new how high I can go. But anyways ATI only goes say 25mhz then it scans for errors and does a heat phase. Just do a few loops and stop it save clock and game test it. Once you lock it up you know you got your limit. Back it off some and stop before it gives you errors.

If you do go 4GB do with 2x2GB sticks. When you fill up all the slots, you can say goodbye to overclocking. Plus you get the room for more RAM if it's ever needed.

If you do go 4GB do with 2x2GB sticks. When you fill up all the slots, you can say goodbye to overclocking. Plus you get the room for more RAM if it's ever needed.

What are you talking about? First off most of the 2gig sticks are high latency and don't overclock very well. I'm running 4, 1 gig sticks and nothings holding me back but summer temps. Right now i've got 1125mhz overclock on the cpu with all the slots filled. I know the ram will go higher as well as the cpu.

When I buy more ram, it will be a 2gig stick. That way I will have 4gbs, and still more room.

Thats what I was going to do but they don't have any higher end 2 gig sticks of ram yet. I'd say probally 6 months from now they should have some better stick unless DDR3 takes off and they start focusing on that. I would of liked to just put 8gigs in mine but I figured I'd be better off with 4gigs that can overclock well.

Back
Top Bottom