Comcast throttles BitTorrent

if my isp would do that I would immediately switch to another isp. Not only because I want to be able to seed but also so that if other people do it too then that isp will have to stop making stupid limitations or they will lose a lot of customers.

My ISP orange isn't on that list :0 It's all good :)

Nah thats just cos orange is so crap they didnt even bother testing

Also i think it is Unfair for them to do this cos i mean if you are downloading legal content which a lot of free cames are distrobuted by then it isnt illegal . I mean you can download illegal stuff via HTTP as well but they dont block them . Oh no they cant cos then you wouldnt even be able to use their internet .

yea, the amount of illegal stuff stored on rapidshare and stuff like that is a lot. usually it stays on there. unless someone reports it, then they obviously have to take action

To get around this:
- Use different than default ports
- Use the encryption in your BitTorrent client

Additionally, use PeerGuardian from Phoenix Labs. This doesn't so much help stop your ISP noticing your BitTorrent traffic, but it does block and stop BitTorrent traffic from known anti P2P organisations and government servers.

It's a good program regardless of what you download, because you never really know who you're connecting to. I got proof of this when I discovered I got an email from my ISP warning me that MediaSentry (well known anti P2P organisation) had reported my IP to them for downloading Knoppix (a free, legal and legitimate Linux distrib as many of you will know).

Point is, be careful who you're connecting to; it's evident that some organisations would happily report you for even owning a BitTorrent client, even if you are only downloading non copyrighted material (which is what I use it for; Linux iso's, Linux live CD's and the like).

Back
Top Bottom