Leave of Partial Absence

so if i left this cf would b better

Nobody is asking you to leave, why are you thinking that?, all people are saying is you participate with positive thinking and constructive comments and not answers like "this forum has changed". why not give you reasons as to why by being more specific.

I will agree that it has changed . Some of the changes are good but some of them such as this one arent as good

i saw an old thread yesterday by "Lord Kalthorn", damn he was a legend.
some of the oldies were great

It's true that this forum, and consequently the community has changed; not to blow my own trumpet here but I feel like I've noticed this the most. It's a shame; many good and long standing members have come and gone. Lord Kalthorn (mentioned by dude_se) was easily one of them, the debates between myself and him over the whole Linux vs Microsoft argument were, at the time, and hopefully to some still here today (old and new), legendary. Similar debates were held over IE vs Firebird (as it was then). It was fun, it was creative, it was a comparison of knowledge and opinions not just between LK and myself but by everyone who was a member at the time.

Other members just as influential to this place are the likes of Dragonjames, Highlander, David (obviously), 99nasha, Adam (135791), Rej, and root; and many others that are still here and look to be promising for the future of CF either as longstanding members or staff or have established themselves as such already. Alvino was one of them, and has been a key part of this forum since he joined.

However, do not despair. Forums as large as this one go through these phases; members come and go, and eventually these are replaced with newer frequent posters. Admittedly the screwy database isn't doing anyone any favours, but I can promise you that it will soon be resolved.

Chins up, ladies and gents.

Back
Top Bottom