Rep - a good thing or not

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there should b a reward system but not by reputation
I think it should b by how many problems u solved or by how helpful u where
And i think those points should be given olny by the thread starter
i also agree with tommy (has anyone ever stole the thunder away from u when u gave the idea)

Edit well now i think we should either get rid of it cuz SOME ppl are a bit crazy with Rep
i havent given rep but only once cuz i was board
Take away the whole think and mybe add something else or maybe if u take the rep out CF will run faster

I mean, if you are just going to rep people for no reason then it seems kinda worthless doesn't it?

Remember how we all wanted it so bad and we begged for it a while back, now it's being abused and I think it should go.

i only rep people when i feel there is a good reason to.
i think having a race upto 5 bars or w/e is just stupid. this is a forum after all. we should be worrying about our lives, what we are doing at the weekend, etc. not a few green bars on a forum. people must think we are mad

I agree totally with all of this, partly i believe it should go but then again I believe it should stay. We all need to calm down with rep (inc me).

I am going to be another one, that Tommy Boy you got it spot on there.

The rep has been abused pointlessly, lets all add rep just for the sake of adding rep, it has become meaningless, I am not doubting that it if it could be used appropriately then it might be worth it.

However, and I was going to comment on this the other day, but there was like 5 or 6 threads going on, about I got 4 bars, I got 3 bars, and then the rep being added, for what???

I remember when I first came to this forum, you would have all this on post count treads, oh it proves I am a better member then you crap.. if you do get rid of it, I won't be complaining.

To tell the truth, I wouldn't complain either, but its a nice feature if used correctly.

I voted to keep the rep, but I really think that rep is getting way out of hand.. It's an okay indicator for newer members of the forum to see who they can trust when it comes to decision making and stuff, but it also becomes a bit pointless when it's just thrown around. I dunno, I really don't think anything would really change either way, if I could deactivate my rep bars, I think I would.

I think the status of being CF privileged holds much more meaning and merit than the rep system to be honest, rep really has been abused quite a bit. I meant he purpose of rep is to distinguish people who really stand out when it comes to helping out and stuff, and I think the CF priv is the best way of showing that, so if you do rid of the rep system, a good way to replace it would to be have CF priv kind of things that only mods or the admin can give out. It would then be up to the mods to keep the system from going corrupt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom