z-5400's? any good?

Kage

Golden Master
Just wanted to ask an opinion on these:

The Logitech z-5400's. They've been discontiuned it seems, and replaced with the bigger z-5500's but i can't complain about the price seen here:
http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/prod...2hvd19wcm9kdWN0X2dhbGxlcnk=&product_uid=94478

The differences are, 300 or so watts RMS compared with 500 or so watts RMS of the z-5500.
A slightly different design, and a slightly smaller sub, but still offering almost the same bass response.

I'm thinking of going for them. Think its a good idea?
Especially since the Z-5500's will not be pushed any further than 25% most likely because this house always has someone in, plus with neibours, so I don't need AS much power.

From what I've read, they match up to the Z-5500's well though.

I have never used them but they seem like they are good. So go ahead and buy them. If they are like the z-5500's they shoud be pretty nice.

logictech always makes good products, i spent an extra 20$ on my headset just to have the brand name and good quality, i dont regret it one bit.

The 200watts make a big difference. Make the extra effort on getting the Z-5500 if you can. I have those speakers and they are the best for computers. It's about 60 pounds difference between the Z-5400 and the Z-5500. Not much. DOn't regret not getting the Z-5500 for that small amount of price.

If you're worried about the bass being too low, trust me, you can adjust them all the way down to no bass at all!!!

Yeah, I guess i'm just a bit worried the Z-5500's would be too powerful, and wouldn't suit music the way I'd like.
I'm not sure if I'd like big and boomy, though, its good for trance!

I think you're getting way too paranoid about the bass. As powerful as they are, you can turn them off too. The price is not much difference between the two.

It's up to you. Personally, I wouldn't get the Z-5400 when you can get a much better quality with the Z-5500.

Yeah, I guess I am. I'm a perfectionist, and it sucks most of the time:p

its a lot of money to be spending on speakers though, but I know I want a set thats of very high performance and will last me years.

Looking for a very accurate set when it comes to sound with very high fidelity, and high bass output. i'll be very happy with them, if they exceeded in my expetations of offering clear mids with also very good highs.

The 5500's may be more for me then.
just a shame they are sold out at Micro Direct where I wish to purchase my system from! :|

Back
Top Bottom