Rep - a good thing or not

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the rep, but think its sometimes unfair. I still believe people you help don't tend to know about it, so don't give it you.
It tends to be given to each other by the regulars

sounds like a lot of work + you got to remember that if there isnt a mod out there to do it then its a lost cause

It would have to be looked at closer Dude se, I don't think it will change, but it was just an idea as some people are not for rep anymore, I personally want it to stay.

I say get rid of it since it's being abused. All I see in the rep system now is people playing with it and thinking it's a joke, and trying to see how fast they can get someone to five bars.

I say get rid of it since it's being abused. All I see in the rep system now is people playing with it and thinking it's a joke, and trying to see how fast they can get someone to five bars.

I think all of us agree with you and it has got out of hand so it will probably quieten down now, I also agree with kage that the there is favoritism among the regulars I have been guilty of that myself on occasions, sometimes you just get carried away.

Here is what I think. Just keep it the way it is for right now. Then, if we can't handle it the right way then we get rid of it completely.

Here is what I think. Just keep it the way it is for right now. Then, if we can't handle it the right way then we get rid of it completely.

I second that, but its now down to the results of the poll and how David feels about it.

I think it needs to be done away with. Now, I'm aware that people aren't, or shouldn't be, judged how helpful you are by the amount of rep they have. But if that's so, then what's the point of it being there, to look pretty? To show how popular the particular user is?

That being said, some older members have earned their rep through helping a vast amount of people, the way it was meant for. Now people are surpassing them by gaining rep for, really, no reason at all most of the time. I'll admit to being a part of this on a couple occasions, but it really needs to stop if the rep system is to stand.

I just think for it to stand, we should stop asking/begging for rep and just accept it as it comes -- don't expect rep from others, just be happy when you receive some. I liked the rep system before it got abused, but the way things are going now, I think it needs to go. If we can revise our ways, I'm perfectly fine with it staying.

I think rep should go, lately it has been just people repping people for no reason just to push them up higher. Then it sparks the useless threads like "4 bars of rep!!". It seems like it has just become a popularity contest and it's being abused. Not all the people with the highest rep are the most helpful.

Bag the rep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom