video cards broken twice

jfellows

Beta member
so i have the radeon x1300 pro and it was working fine then after about 6 months it slowly died until i couldnt start my computer(i would get a blank screen) then i used the warrenty to get another and now after about another month its doing the same thing. i know its the video card cuz when i use my old one it works fine, but i was wondering if its just a really shitty video card, or if my computer hardware isnt as compatible as i think and is causing it to break

the only thing apart from really bad luck would be a problem with the psu. What psu do you have? wattage and amps?

i dont know what psu but assuming its power supply i hav a 350 wats, and yes i did have another, but that was an old shitty 32mb video card that couldnt play any games and thast the main reason i got a computer

i dont know what psu but assuming its power supply i hav a 350 wats, and yes i did have another, but that was an old shitty 32mb video card that couldnt play any games and thast the main reason i got a computer

yeah psu is power supply.
350W is recommended for the x1300pro (according to newegg) so you are definitely close to the limit. Could you list the full specs of your computer?
Also try to find the +12V amps, you should find them from the sticker that is on the psu.

As I said, it could be just bad luck. But a new psu might solve the problem.

i still dont know what that v is but it said 12v on the box, and i have a intel dual core 2.4 ghz processor or something like that, radeon x1300 pro video card, 1 gig of ram, two hard drives, a cd/dvd drive, 3 fans, two lights that i put inside myself, and thast about all i can remember

On the side of the PSU there is going to be a sticker displaying information about the PSU. Look for the +12V rail, and how many amps it has.

psu_stats.JPG

the sticker on your psu should be similar to that one.

18 should be more than enough for that video card, I doubt that's the problem. On the other hand, the power supply could be failing, and it might be worth it to replace it.

Back
Top Bottom