Rep - a good thing or not

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm like muz,I thought it was a big joke. I guess it has became bigger than it should have. I personally don't care if it's gone or not.

maybe there could be an option in the usercp to turn off rep for yourself, where you cant receive, give out, and no rep would be shown. but if they turned it back on they wouldnt loose there rep they had before.

EDIT:
also this should be in the comments, feedback section

Yeeah i like that idea but it still dosent stop people going rep happy does it

no but some people who dong like rep like lhuser, can just turn it off, also there should only be like 3 reps allowed in a 24 hour period IMO, i think you can get like 10 off right now, no reason to give out 10 in a day. if he really deserves rep odds are someone else will rep him

I don't care about it, but obviously everyone is going to be modest in this situation and say I don't care either way, but if it is turned off I definatley think something else should be replaced, such as custom av's for gurus or formatting in sigs for members with 500 posts something along those lines. I'd actually prefer that to the rep system.

I think its a great idea, only downfall is that there is that huge mega giant gaping gap between little green boxes. Its like 100 pts per box or something crazy like that, and its to large a gap and should be fixed but other then that I love it!

i like the rep system, but people need to calm down with it, atm people are repping just to get up another bar. i rarely ask for rep, although i did hint for some as i was close to 4 bars.

its still a nice thing to have, although i dont just judge people by rep, as that would be unfair

I think rep is a good thing but I must admit its gone a bit crazy lately, the only thing with it is there should be a bigger time limit to repping the same person say a minimum of a week.

I don't judge people by how much rep they have. To be honest I don't really judge, I just try to get along with everyone :)

David, how about if it was an automatic rep that came from the site say for every 30 days/whatever you got 1 point then when you reach say 100/150 you get your bar, there could be a recommendation box by the sides of the threads for members to tick if they think the comment is useful and that would be sent to a mod or administrator who could give bonus rep points to an individual for good help if he saw fit.
You could also have the power to take it away if you thought some members where abusing the system.

sounds like a lot of work + you got to remember that if there isnt a mod out there to do it then its a lost cause

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom