Lag Issues

I tried all of that stuff and nothing worked. Does it sound more like a hardware problem or an internet connection problem. I use a wireless, but I connect to the router with the cable instead of using the wireless. Is there a way I can check to see it is working properly? I have cable internet and I never lagged on it before.

Does it sound more like a hardware problem or an internet connection problem.

well that is something you can easily find out.
Play a single player game, if you have problems with it then it has to be hardware. Also you could download something like fraps and check your fps. If the fps is decent (I'd say 40+ is enough) then it is a problem with the internet connection.

I took the laptop into my work and It was fine there. My work and home both have the same internet provider and speed of cable internet. At home I use a cable to the wireless router and at work I used the wireless. What could I do to try to fix the internet connection? I use a Linksys wireless router at my house.

are you sure the home connection is working like it should be? Websites loading as fast as they should and downloads being the right speed etc. You could also try connecting wirelessly to the router at home to see if that makes a difference. If that doesn't help you could reinstall the network card's drivers.

that is my friend from work. i was only messing with him.

no need to get in a tissy about it.

my apologies.
I didn't get in a "tissy" have some respect, I just saw a daft post, & as a mod, I told you about it, end of, it was a serious forum, who is your friend & how does he fit into this?

Back
Top Bottom