Rep - a good thing or not

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Lindon

Golden Master
Well it seems alot of people aren't too happy with the rep system at the moment and I want to get an idea of the level of people for and against.

Peersonally, reputation is good for others, but if it can be turned off for me, I'd be enjoying it. I'd be happy with the simplest account.

Re: Rep - a good thing or now

Ok ther is a poll there now .

Ok i say get rid of it .
Main reason being is the point of the rep system is to show apreciation for someone who has helped you but this dosent really work that well because most of the people you help are newbies and they dont actually add to your rep score so therefore the system dosent show who is most helpfull at the moment it is showing who is most popular

Other reason being a lot of people ahve gone rep happy at the moment . I was involved and at first i just thought hey its all one big joke but now people are getting upset that people have more rep etc
And 3 we don't have rep over at computer vitals and we find no problems at all . If you wanna show appreciation for someones post just say thank you

I think we can keep it.
But muz does have some good points, maybe we need to do some changes to the rep system. For example make it only possible for the thread starter to give rep or something else like that.

Re: Rep - a good thing or now

I thinks its good, becuase you can see who is helpful, and who isn't, but a bar every 50 or 75 would be better.

Ye maybe maybe changes the bars or something dunno... coz otherwise we will have to many bars. If we do get rid of rep, maybe replace with some other feature?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom