Semi-Leaving

compguy91

Fully Optimized
Well guys I guess I'm the second one to head out. I'm not completely leaving, I'm just not going to post much and won't be active like normally. I'll still come in from time to time. The forum has been slow lately and I've lost patience with the DB errors, white screens and slow loading times. In the year I've been here the forum has changed, now it seems like a competition for who can get the most rep and how fast we can make certain members jump to the top of the rep scale. I'm heading over to other forums like CV and I'm giving XS a try( who knows maybe I'll see alvino there). I'll probably be back full time once the DB error problem is fixed. It's been fun posting here, but the forum has changed for the worse in some ways and the instability is bugging me.

I knew that once alvino left, more people would start leaving. You're a great member man, and it sucks to see another cool guy head out. But I'm sure I'll see you around, so later man, and good luck at the other forums. :)

Well guys I guess I'm the second one to head out. I'm not completely leaving, I'm just not going to post much and won't be active like normally. I'll still come in from time to time. The forum has been slow lately and I've lost patience with the DB errors, white screens and slow loading times. In the year I've been here the forum has changed, now it seems like a competition for who can get the most rep. I feel I don't fit in as well here as I do at other forums. So, I'm heading over to other forums like CV and I'm giving XS a try. I'll probably be back full time once the DB error problem is fixed.

Well i know you have already made your mind up , and i cant say i blame you TBH ,The rep cometiiton was what started out as fun but now i can see it has gone too far and people are getting upset cos someone has more rep than them . But hey thats my two cents worth .

As for the DB errors well i must admit i havent seen as many lately but now the whole slowness of the forum is bugging me .
Still see you at CV though which is good

:(alot of folks are moving on....sorry to see you go bro, hopefully things will calm down soon and the DB errors and such will be sorted out so you can come back, anyway good luck and take care dude;)

Yeah, the whole rep thing is kind of ridiculous. I've kept quiet for a while, but it's out of hand now. The rep system is being abused! Even mods are in on it. Rep was originally a great thing. It let people show their appreciation for helping them out. Now, it's just like a popularity contest with people randomly giving rep to their friends.

The only thing that is stopping me leaving is the comunity we have here . I mean the thing i like here is everybody gets on most of the time but there also arent too many people here so you can have a lagh and a joke with people . But looking at other forums such as xs there is a very big community there and you wouldnt know everyone

As for the DB errors well i must admit i havent seen as many lately but now the whole slowness of the forum is bugging me .
Still see you at CV though which is good

The db error situation is a whole let better than it was and overall the site is way more reliable than it used to be.

Well, the only reason I'm staying is because if I get to a forum that has more uptime, I'll be wasting away my life on this computer :p Seriously though, I agree, the community is keeping me here, but we're losing that too now...

David, only constructive criticism, but you cannot honestly say that. It's a little better, but we are still getting errors and the site is still terribly slow.

Yeah, the whole rep thing is kind of ridiculous. I've kept quiet for a while, but it's out of hand now. The rep system is being abused! Even mods are in on it. Rep was originally a great thing. It let people show their appreciation for helping them out. Now, it's just like a popularity contest with people randomly giving rep to their friends.

Personally i know some people ain't gonna like this but tough . I say scrap the rep system . Cos most the people you help out are newbies anyway that don't even give you any points so it isn't effective at what it does TBH . I mean we dont have a rep system over at CV and we get along just fine over there . If you wanna show appreciation the words are Thank you
but hey thats for another thread
The db error situation is a whole let better than it was and overall the site is way more reliable than it used to be.

Yeah i can see that
but it is slow at times though but then again i suppose that is better then a DB error

Back
Top Bottom