What should I set my Vcore to to decrease temps?

Thelis

Golden Master
Set up:
E6600
680i N63 Evga
Tuniq Tower 120

Currently it is at:

VCORE: 1.45v
VDIMM: 2.2v
CPU FSB Voltage - 1.5v

I can get my E6600 up to like 3.66Ghz, stable, but even with a tuniq the temps are scary. I can drop Vcore, up the FSB, but will that really help my temps?

what is though about ocing is getting that perfect balance. you want the highest FSB, with the lowest amount of vcore possible. just up the vcore when you run into insatiability, just up it little by little and you should be fine. if you need any help im really good at it :p

also if upping the vcore dosent help than bump up your timings on your RAM or change the FSB:DRAM divider.

also how the hell did you get your tuniq tower already?!

Scary temps as in how scary? A general rule is to stay under 60C for daily usage. Just drop the Vcore as low as you can before it gets unstable. Lowering your Vcore will bring your temperatures down too.

Raising timings helps, as there isn't a big performance decrease anyway.

I think he means to not use your computer very often. That doesn't matter too much though, computers usually hold up to overclocking decently unless voltages are pushed and temps are high.

Just drop the Vcore as low as you can before it gets unstable.

exactly. There really isn't any way for us to tell you exactly which is the right voltage. You just need to test it yourself, so just decrease the vcore to the point where it becomes unstable, and then increase a little and you are good to go.

What are the temps? Even when I've got my E6600 at 3.9 GHz, the highest I've ever gotten it, it doesn't the reach max temperature of 65*C. The thing holding me back is the motherboard or RAM as far as I can tell. Then again, I think I got a really good chip.

Back
Top Bottom