About to buy, double check on rig.

rendezvous

Solid State Member
I'm about to buy the parts to make a rig, and I want to double check that everything will work smoothly and that I'm not forgetting anything that will keep my computer working. This is the first Rig I've ever built, so I can only check with compatibility issues to some extent, and thats why I need help from you guys:

All the parts except the PSU and Keyboard (Buy.Com) and the stuff I already have (OS, Mouse, Monitor, etc.): https://secure.newegg.com/NewVersio...ber=4768854&WishListTitle=cheburns+help+setup

PSU and Keyboard:
https://secure.buy.com/retail/giftcenter/mywishlist.asp?shopper_id=VUH4BDRG60UQ8GJQG3L5KEAMTLX6FTN3

Help is really appreciated considering as how I can barely afford this rig, and I don't really want to spend money on parts that won't work/have a bad reputation/are too good or bad compared to the rest of the build.
Thanks.

they dont acappt them past a certin time so order it in the morning
Also ummmm those parts are great but 2 things
Y do ppl get a 8 series card no matter wat when 7 series are still preatty good compared to the 8 series

And remember those fans are pretty loud

Thelis: I'm planning on Vista Ultimate.
NEED WOW NOW: I really want a top of the line GFX card, and no one has commented on it until you. I think I'll stick to nVidia and 8600GTS.

Hey, the 8800GTS is really nice, i just built my dream baby,
MSI k9n Diamon mobo
8800GTS Superclocked 640mb ddr3 ram. [I think you would be alot happier with this one, 256MB 128-bit does not sounds too tempting]
Same HD
Dual Monitors
Antec 900 Gaming case
and 4gb or RAM.

IMG_0599.jpg

IMG_0583.jpg

Its nothing amazing, but I am in love with it. But what you have picked out dosen't seem to shabby, the only thing I could say is check out a diferrent GFX Card :)

Nice rig overall. If you want to shave a few dollars off the price, you can get DDRII 667 as you will not take advantage of that DDRII 800 unless you are an overclocker.

ghostFL, nice rig. You should superglue down the fan controllers to the case. Looks better, just be careful to not glue your finger like me. I did it to mine and I can grab a pic. Also, you can take that black piece off the hard drive cage.

For the Hard Drive Samsung SpinPoints are said to be faster and quieter (from what I've heard anyway).

EDIT: Also the 8600GTS isn't much of a card and is certainly not the top of the line card. If you Google that card you will find that the reviews for it aren't good.

If you want a Direct 10 card try and stretch to a Geforce 8800GTS 320mb or an Ati Radeon X1950XT (or PRO) which can play all Direct 9 games at mostly high settings, then you could upgrade to a next generation Direct 10 card later, which will be able to play Direct 10 games better then the current Direct 10 cards (like the 8800 series).

Nice rig overall. If you want to shave a few dollars off the price, you can get DDRII 667 as you will not take advantage of that DDRII 800 unless you are an overclocker.

ghostFL, nice rig. You should superglue down the fan controllers to the case. Looks better, just be careful to not glue your finger like me. I did it to mine and I can grab a pic. Also, you can take that black piece off the hard drive cage.

Haha, thanks. I actually can't get the top fan to work. It is connected fine, and I have a very generous power supply. I just cannot figure it out, but I wanted to someday put all the switches on the outside of the case. And that black cover was a PITA to deal with. I only have it on still because my HD would not fit in the rack properly and is held by only 1 screw, so its in their so it does not fall out.

edit* also, "one of these days" I am going to hide all the wires under and around my mobo so you only see them where they are connecting, that should be awesome!

I was thinking about making a thread asking for help on the subject of my top fan not working, but I thought Mr. Brookfield would probably ban the shit outta me.

Back
Top Bottom