Comcast throttles BitTorrent

This is all good, but I do not recommend discussing illegal torrents on here. You can talk about torrents all you want, but please nothing about illegal ones.

i know we are discussing the protocol itself, not the illegal trading that goes on over the protocol.

I have Comcast. I don't download illegal stuff. Mostly free linux distros that takes to long to download on the site. Also stuff like Americas Army, and Anarchy Online. This kind of upsets me because not everyone uses p2p for downloading copyrighted material.

Yeah, but a ton do... Things are way too expensive these days for kids our age, especially when we are trying to save for college.

100% BS, i dont have comcast but BitTorrent probably has just as much legal traffic as illegal traffic, my brother of all people, was actually downloading AmericasArmy over a torrent, 100% legal, if i had comcast and they throttled me down i would be so pissed.

this is just profiling, saying that all people use BitTorent for illegal purposes

lol.....

I have comcasst and I was torrenting one day, and then my mom says Adam come here and look at this e-mail. I'm like ok? and its an e-mail from comcast saying all the things I downloaded and if I continued to download our account will be terminated.

So that was the last torrent I downloaded.. lol

Back
Top Bottom