Help with 2nd rig...

Does your monitor support DVI? If so, you should be able to pick a cable up for no more than £10

Does your monitor support DVI? If so, you should be able to pick a cable up for no more than £10

All my stuff arrived today, double checked and no dvi support on monitor...only hdmi.

Also possibly last question.....totally forget to get some thermal grease and heatsink paste.

infact im confused....arent they the same thing which can be used on both the CPU chip and heatsink??

DDR3 doesn't have much of a edge currently but wait a little bit. The new DDR3 D9 Micron chips will be out with rumored speeds of 1600 & 2000. Plus they use way less juice than DDR2. I'd say go DDR2 for the moment though unless you won't upgrade boards for a few years then it may be worth it to get a DDR3 board.

DDR3 doesn't have much of a edge currently but wait a little bit. The new DDR3 D9 Micron chips will be out with rumored speeds of 1600 & 2000. Plus they use way less juice than DDR2. I'd say go DDR2 for the moment though unless you won't upgrade boards for a few years then it may be worth it to get a DDR3 board.

My mobo supports both DDR3 AND DDR2 so no problem there. Just need to know about the how thermal grease / paste thing.

Did you get a heatsink seperatly?

If not, the one that came with your processor should already have some on.
You may have to take off a bit of sticky paper from the bottom of it, but after that, just put the heatsink over the processor carefully, move it around a bit to move around the paste evenly, and then secure it.

I've never secured a Intel processor before though, but it shouldn't be so different to the AMD versions...

Back
Top Bottom