Why is windows STILL running slow ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
who do you install drivers?
i havnt really done anything with my computer since i got it 2 years ago.
i had to reformat it coz it did some weird crash where it would loop starting up over and over...
after i have reformatted i have had some problems though. i installed all my important stuff but my computer crashes at startup sometimes, i first noticed it when i got object dock

what can i do?

i have
(according to cpu-z)

AMD Athlon 64 3700+
technology 90nm voltage 1.400 v

MMX (+), 3DNow(+),SSE,SSE2,SSE3,x86-64 (whatever all that is)

single core:
core speed 2211.3 MHz multiplier x 11.0
Bus speed 201.0 MHz
HT link 804.1 MHz
Cache
L1 64 KB
L1 code 64 KB
Level 2 1024KB
AND 1024 MB RAM

i think i need some general cleening up anyone have any ideas of what i should do or whta program to use to do it?

No I don't other than the Virus programs that these guys have told me to use. There was something called CCleaner that someone recommend. Anyway if you don't know what to use then use the tools the computer comes with. Or go to a computer store and ask them. They know.

who do you install drivers?
i havnt really done anything with my computer since i got it 2 years ago.
i had to reformat it coz it did some weird crash where it would loop starting up over and over...
after i have reformatted i have had some problems though. i installed all my important stuff but my computer crashes at startup sometimes, i first noticed it when i got object dock

what can i do?

i have
(according to cpu-z)

AMD Athlon 64 3700+
technology 90nm voltage 1.400 v

MMX (+), 3DNow(+),SSE,SSE2,SSE3,x86-64 (whatever all that is)

single core:
core speed 2211.3 MHz multiplier x 11.0
Bus speed 201.0 MHz
HT link 804.1 MHz
Cache
L1 64 KB
L1 code 64 KB
Level 2 1024KB
AND 1024 MB RAM

i think i need some general cleaning up anyone have any ideas of what i should do or whta program to use to do it?

Try defragging your computer and run CCLEANER its a free download and in and in a earlier note to this thread, if you are still getting system crashes even after reformat then you should check out your CPU FAN AND HEATSINC for dust as said before

If you haven't done so yet, I would suggest try installing the updated versions of the motherboard's chipset drivers and video card drivers. :D

Hi,

First of all.

Backup all ure data on an external drive before u will loose it all

Second:

Uninstall all unnesesary programs from ure computer.

reboot

run msconfing (in start > run) and uncheck all unnessesary software from startup.

reboot

unistall your antyvirys and install Free AVG antivirus. (faster and more secured pc)

reboot

defrad ure hard drive. u can use Diskeeper for this. is very effective and speed up pc a lot.

u can also check ure hdd to look for a bad sectors and u can restre them using Hiren's Boot CD tools.

Update ure windows with the lates updates.

Have fun :D :D :D

eveyone always says about installing and updating for example installing uptaded version of ur chipsets how do u do that? what site do u go to

eveyone always says about installing and updating for example installing uptaded version of ur chipsets how do u do that? what site do u go to

When they say update your chip sets I there referring to the bios version, to do that it is best to go to the manufactures web site although you can get them from other sites. I would only update that if you where installing a new hard drive and the Bois wasn't recognizing it.
Other hardware you could update is you graphics/video or sound drivers if necessary a good place for them is Microsoft update in the hardware section.

Try ummm installing linux so you don't have to deal with it going slow. Just my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom