jury service

I wouldnt say vacation cos you have to make a desicion that could change the rest of someones life , although it may be fun it can be hard going as well i have heard

I wouldnt say vacation cos you have to make a desicion that could change the rest of someones life , although it may be fun it can be hard going as well i have heard

true but there is other people to help you so that makes it much easier, also you will probably make a friend or two.

you could always just make up an excuse and get off without doing it

I would not use the word fun, very interesting yes, and you will effect the outcome of someones future, that is why there are 12 of you, you need to be sensible and listen to the evidence at hand then you go away and discuss it with the other jurors, you then go back and tell the judge what your verdict is and he then takes over for sentencing or found not guilty respectively.. when your summons for jury service comes unless you have a dam good reason then theres no getting out of it. it is a criminal offense to miss it or ignore it.
If you where to get on a high profile murder case then you could be going to court everyday for up to 3months possibly longer. Imagine all that time off work all paid for.

true but there is other people to help you so that makes it much easier, also you will probably make a friend or two.

you could always just make up an excuse and get off without doing it

I don't know how they do it in the states but you can not refuse in the UK unless you have an exceptional legitimate cause like your a carer or unable to attend due to illness or holiday in which case it is deferred until another time.

my mom has gotten away with jury duty several times, i think its similar policy expect that i don't think it is deferred to a different time.

Back
Top Bottom