Video Card Problems, Please Take a look !!

Thanks for your soulutions,

I tried a memtest and from the results, i let it run for 20 mins, and it gave no errors or anything. The games i'm playing are counter-strike:source, BF2, and C&C3 Tiberium Wars. I have tried them all on different settings and have all reacted the same (CSS: Freezing with no error message, Sound skipping, eventually crashing. BF2: Runs for like 10 mins, then crashes, no error message. C&C: All of the graphics get messed up and I have to alt-tab and then alt-tab back in for them to fix. Also, as for drivers, I have tried about 6, all have reacted the same so I would guess that those weren't it, I even tried Omega drivers. Also, I tried the drivers it came with, the most recent, and semi-old ones, no luck. Could I get some links for these programs that monitor stuff?, I will then post the results. I happen to have a screen shot of the C&C graphics thing : http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n283/Kalamari111/NewBitmapImage-1.jpg

Thanks, Kevin

thats pretty messed up.

At this point I think it may be overheating like Muz pointed out. monitor your temps and see if they get high, that is a likely cause.

Yeah, check out Everest or SpeedFan so that you can monitor the temps. If they are above like 55 C, you have cause to be worried.

Another problem might be artifacts, did you OC that card at all?

Also, please don't double post. I have merged the two posts.

Hi all and thanks again,

Lol sorry for double posting and thanks for combining them, I dont use forums much. Anyways, SERIOUSLY look at the PSU thing! I have been reading and I am 99% sure that it is my +12v Rail being too weak for my card. Isnt there a min of 22A needed for my card and I only have 18A max !? Here are my drivers thing for my vid card :

NVIDIA
6/29/2007
Microsoft Windows Hardware Compatibility Publisher

I am not overclocking anything on this computer and I never have.

Also could you guys give me the links for these programs that can monitor the heat and stuff?? Thanks in advance.

Also, Just installed speedfan and EVEREST Home Edition, what readings would you guys like?

Thanks, Kevin

:::EDIT:::

I just checked it and my computer was 131 Degrees Fahrenheit and 55 Degrees Celcius core temp so im guessing thats not good, my case has been open since i got it i have 3 large fans pointed in it now that brought down the temps ....

ROFL just played Counterstrike:source and it went up to 62C and then crashed hmm is it that or HAS ANYONE researched the amps and rails volts and that yet?? HeLp PlZzZz. btw sorry but i dont have an extra GPU or PSU :-[

Thanks, Kevin

Has the card worked at good before? It looks like its getting alot of artifacts in the pic you show. It could possibly be a corrupt driver install. Did you uninstall the previous driver before updating. Maybe try booting into safe mode and uninstal the display driver and re install it.

Its one of 2 things your GPU has bad Vram or your PSU is not strong enough. You said you had everest whats your rails look like? Your temps are fine.

One other thing 20 minutes of memtest is nothing. You should pull one stick and let it run at least 3 full passes. If it gives no errors do the second stick.

As others have said download prime95 or orthos and run a stress test. If it runs at least 1hr you know your cpu and ram is good and it is definately a bad gpu or psu.

never say defiantly in the computer troubleshooting world :p

I think 62C is really pushing it as far as temps are concerned. How many fans do you normally have running with the case fully put together?

Back
Top Bottom