Is it worth it?

tehczar

In Runtime
Is it really worth it to buy a DX10 card now?

I'm considering the HD2900XT.

I heard something about DX10.1 and it not being compatable with current DX10 cards, is this true?

Yes, that is true, but as people have told me, games that use that technology won't be out for a few years.
That said, I'd rather wait. Were always going to be behind the times in some way though...

Personally, I'd really give the ATI X1950 PRO a look. It'll survive the last set of Direct X 9 games, and will be able to play them at high settings.
Its faster than the Direct X 10 card, the 8600GTS at Direct X 9 games for instance!
Plus, its rather cheapish.

Its up to you though. I don't know how much Direct X 10.1 is going to add.

So DX10.1 will not work with current DX10 cards?

DX10 cards will be able to play DX10.0 games just not all the features and such right?

I heard something along those lines about DX10.1, but I don't believe it. They said that about DX10 and how it is going to be required and everything.

As for your second statement, I am pretty sure DX10 cards can play DX10 games... ?

My real question is should I buy a DX10 card now that I like or should I wait a few months as something far superior is coming out?

The "far supirour" thing won't even be utilized for at least a year. DX 10 has been out (with vista) for seven months and we have yet to see a big release of a DX 10 game.

If your going to get a DX 10 card though, the 8800s perform better in most tests. I would look into them.

10.1 is not going to make a huge difference at all. I also don't think that current DX10 GPUs won't support DX10.1.

I mean, DX9 cards run DX10 apps fine. And the jump from 10 to 10.1 is not going to be big at all.

Back
Top Bottom