9800GTX Info possible specs!

Just looking some stuff up and came up with this link. Didn't follow the link trail to the source but I know i've seen similar stuff on some other sites. This card on paper looks to own! ETA November!!! Just in time for Xmas :cool:

By November 2007 the GeForce 9800 GTX will be released.
The codename for the chip will be "G92" and NOT "G90" as previously expected.
I got the following data from an NVIDIA insider.

"G92" NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GTX Specs:

- 65nm process technology at TSMC.
- Over one billion transistors.
- Second Generation "Unified Shader Architecture".
- Double Precision support (FP64).
- Improved Anti-Aliasing and AF.
- Native GPGPU design (under the "CUDA 2" program).
- Over one TeraFLOP of shader processing power.
- MADD+ADD Shader Units (2+1 =3 FLOPs) per shader Operation.
- 512-bit Memory Inteface.
- 1024MB GDDR4 of Graphics Memory.
- DirectX 10.1 Support
- OpenGL 3.0 Support

PROS : 65nm allows for the GeForce 9800 GTX to be cheaper to produce and keep the chip cooler. Power Consumption will be LOWER than that of a GeForce 8800 GTX/Ultra

GeForce 9800 GTX will be over two times faster than a GeForce 8800 Ultra in real world benchmarks and games.

price for GeForce 9800 GTX will be somewhere in the 549-649 USD range.

semp- while these specs are unconfirmed this info does match up to other sources and information coming in.

There will be 2 SKUs at launch : the 9800 GTX and a 9800 GTS.
both will be released a little before Xmas on November 2007.

http://www.xbitlabs.com/discussion/3932.html

Ya i'd say if it really is twice as fast as a 8800ultra one 9800gtx should be all you need for a year. Bet the 9800gts is as fast as sli'd is probally around 2 8800gtx's. I mean come on 512bit mem path and 1gig ddr4! So buying! Screw another board and a quad core for now thats my next order.

8800 is all i need till next Christmas
will play every single game out there
untill then just fine

Hmm...where's the 8900GTX??? I doubt they'll be able to get it out by November, that's not all that far away.

i think this is t he 8900GTX and the guy who wrote that is an idiot

EDIT
not mattie but the guy who wrote it in the link :p

Well, I wouldnt be surprised if it was an 8900GTX, I mean, thats about the time the 88GTX came out right, and isnt it a new series yearly? I would be happy with an 8800gts for a while, and thats the card I will get in a couple months, and 8800GTS, and that will hold me out for a while, I mean, my 7900gs produces graphics almost good enough for me, and an 8800GTS will be even better. I just dont know if I should get the 320mb or 640mb for gaming in 1680x1050, but thats for future threads.

Back
Top Bottom