Video Card Problems, Please Take a look !!

Quake111

Baseband Member
XFX GeForce 8600 GTS XXX Driver Version : 162.18 (Newest)

Hi,
I have been having this problem for awhile, the problem is that every game i play i have problems with it freezing and the sound skipping during the freeze. I have the most recent drivers, I have even reinstalled my OS. What else can I do? I am open to any solutions.
Thanks, Kevin

System :
Windows XP Professional 32 Bit
2 Gigs of Ram
500 GB HDD
430 Watt PSU
2.60GHz AMD Athlon 64 X2 5200+

Try running some stress tests like prime 95. It could possibly be a memory leak as well. Mem test is good for testing memory.

What game are you playing , at what resoloution .what quality settings
Also i would run memtest as above and monitor your temperatures during game play
From experience the latest drivers arent always the best . For instance to play the sims origonaly one on my laptop i have to roll back my drivers to get it to work properly so if the game is an older game try older drivers

drivers would be a problem. do wat muz said. download lates drivers, if it helps keep them, id it doesnt, roll back.

Thanks for your soulutions,

I tried a memtest and from the results, i let it run for 20 mins, and it gave no errors or anything. The games i'm playing are counter-strike:source, BF2, and C&C3 Tiberium Wars. I have tried them all on different settings and have all reacted the same (CSS: Freezing with no error message, Sound skipping, eventually crashing. BF2: Runs for like 10 mins, then crashes, no error message. C&C: All of the graphics get messed up and I have to alt-tab and then alt-tab back in for them to fix. Also, as for drivers, I have tried about 6, all have reacted the same so I would guess that those weren't it, I even tried Omega drivers. Also, I tried the drivers it came with, the most recent, and semi-old ones, no luck. Could I get some links for these programs that monitor stuff?, I will then post the results. I happen to have a screen shot of the C&C graphics thing : http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n283/Kalamari111/NewBitmapImage-1.jpg

Thanks, Kevin

No it is not the PSU, I am sure.

Go to Device Manager, find your "display adapter", go to properties then drivers. There you can tell your drivers for your GPU. Then just post them up here.

Back
Top Bottom