AMD or Intel

I've never had a problem with intel processors, been using them since I had a pentium with windows 95 on it. My P4 is a prescott and it runs great, never had any heat issues or anything with it. The AMD X2 processors are very reasonably priced and I've thought about building a system with one in it but I'm not sure if I wanna do that or build a C2D system.
Only AMD i ever owned was an athlon xp 2000+ , it was great bu ti swapped it for this i have now 2.8ghz , personally i found the xp to run very hot . Although i think for 40pounds the athlon x2 3600+ would be great for my needs

I've never had a problem with intel processors, been using them since I had a pentium with windows 95 on it. My P4 is a prescott and it runs great, never had any heat issues or anything with it. The AMD X2 processors are very reasonably priced and I've thought about building a system with one in it but I'm not sure if I wanna do that or build a C2D system.

The new Energy Efficient Athlon X2 processors are pretty good if you're looking to build an HTPC/DVR. They're relatively powerful and lightweight in terms of energy and heat output.

I had an amd cpu once. it was an athlon 2800+ XP, it was decent for a while till i tried running a few games. thats wen it really bottlenecked. then i got an intel p4 @ 2.66, it was somewat an improvement but wen i got the e6750 deres absolutely no camparison. i can run a mid range game plus other processes and it will only take like 30% of the cpu compared to wen my other process took 100% of the cpu jus to use the internet(play flash games, watch movies)

I had an amd cpu once. it was an athlon 2800+ XP, it was decent for a while till i tried running a few games. thats wen it really bottlenecked. then i got an intel p4 @ 2.66, it was somewat an improvement but wen i got the e6750 deres absolutely no camparison. i can run a mid range game plus other processes and it will only take like 30% of the cpu compared to wen my other process took 100% of the cpu jus to use the internet(play flash games, watch movies)

Of coarse it's no comparison. There are like 4 years between that AMD and the e6000 series.

I feel the E6750 is definitely better than an Athlon XP CPU. I've used a couple of those before in my old builds. To tell you the truth, this laptop that I have now is the ONLY Intel CPU I ever, EVER used in my whole life!!!! I feel so bad, well, not really. It's a better CPU, lol.

right now i think intel pwns plus since they dont change there socket every 2 seconds its easer to upgrade
idk about the next round with quad cores tho
intels quad is on 45nm so we no it till deff be able to clock higher and over clock better but will amds new cpu design for the 65nm quad still beat it?

Back
Top Bottom