Burning a DVD

GreatHype

Daemon Poster
Well I'm trying to burn The Office second season, but the file is too big. Is there anyway I can get it on to a 4.7GB disc? I'm using Nero 7 ultra edition to.

How many episodes is it? you may need to break them down and put say 3 or 4 on a disc using DVD SHRINK. the only way you might get them on one disc is if its a dual layer , thats 8.5GB but even then you might be struggling unless you burn them in there compressed file state.

I don't really want to split the episodes up, I think I'll go find bigger DVDs the file size is only 7.3GB.

When you say the file size is to big is it already in DVD format at that size or is it compressed at 7.3GB? If its already in DVD format then yes just go by a dual layer disc.

your drive needs to support dual layer discs aswell.
are you sure they arnt just a load of avi's of each ep?

Its in DVD format, I used dvd decrypter to put them on my comp. How do I find out if its dual layer supported?

you can simply look up your DVD drive's model and see what the specs are for finding that out. Is the information currently in raw DVD format or in an ISO? If it is in raw format, you need to get it into ISO form. Pcg Edit is a program that takes your raw DVD information and makes it an ISO. It automatically finds the Dual Layer break if it was from a DL. That makes it so when you burn the image to a DL disk you wont have errors with the layers.

surely if you used dvd decrypter to put the files on your pc you must have the discs somewhere or can borrow them off someone?
copying them that way would be much easier

I dunno what writer I have because I bought these computer from bestbuy. I have discs but they're only 4.7GB discs.

Back
Top Bottom